Where can you find this place of Paradise?
Less than 5 hours from Cape Town.
Via Redhill road near Calitzdorp
You can choose a number of routes from Cape Town. If you want to come on the gravel road 13kms after Calitzdorp where the redhills are. Then there is 40kms gravel road between you and and Swartberg Private Game Reserve entrance, total distance from Cape Town is about 420kms.
Via Oudtshoorn and Cango
Or you can come the whole way on tar road, just go to Oudtshoorn, then the Cango Caves, then Swartberg pass, and Then the road to Caltizdorp, then as the road looks like it will become gravel the entrance in on your right. Total distance for that is 470kms, and it takes about 30 minutes longer than via redhills
Full instructions from Oudsthoorn:
- From Oudtshoorn follow R328 towards Cango Caves.
- About 26.5kms outside of Oudsthoorn turn left to stay on the R328.
- Then after just over 11kms you will see a sign saying Calitzdorp. Turn left on that road.
- Go another 11kms as you see the tar road become the gravel road, you will see the entrance to the right of the Swartberg Private Reserve.
- From there follow the gravel road until you come to a right fork. Turn right at the fork.
- Follow the road until you come to a left fork, turn left into Acacia Valley Lodge, which you will see on your left.